- 2 cups pitted and halved dark red cherries
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 cup chopped raw kale
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped raw or sprouted nuts-almonds, cashews or pecans
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Soak quinoa at least 15 minutes to remove the bitter coating.
- Cook the wild rice in 3 cups of water over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa and add it to the wild rice.
- Continue to cook for 15 minutes more just until the quinoa is done. It should be al dente, not mushy.
- Drain the mixture.
- Combine the quinoa and wild rice mixture, vegetables, cherries and nuts in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and pour over the salad