- 4 cups packed finely chopped raw kale, preferably dinosaur kale
- 1 large red apple, such as Fuji or Honeycrisp, chopped, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons raisins, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Place kale in a large bowl.
- Add half the apple to kale along with celery, 1/4 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup raisins.
- Put remaining apple in a blender along with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts, remaining 2 tablespoons raisins, mustard, water, vinegar and salt.
- Purée until well combined and slightly thick, adding water if needed to thin.
- Pour dressing over kale salad and toss to combine