Prep Time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Author: Lauren Goslin
Serves: 12 bars
- CHOCOLATE BASE:
- 5 T. coconut oil, melted
- 4 T. cocoa powder
- 2 t. maple syrup
- ⅛ t. salt
- NOUGAT LAYER:
- 4 T. coconut oil, melted
- 2 T. milk of your choice
- 3 T. maple syrup
- ½ t. vanilla
- ½ c. + 2 T. oats, ground into flour (use almond flour if grain-free)
- ⅛ t. sea salt
- 8 dates, Medjool
- 2 T. peanut butter (I used salted so I didn’t add any extra salt)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 t. water
- ¼ c. peanuts
- Mix together the ingredients for the chocolate base until well combined.
- Pour the mix into a small baking dish
- Put the dish into the freezer until hard (about 10-15 minutes).
- Mix together the ingredients for the nougat layer until well combined.
- Pour the nougat layer onto the hardened chocolate base.
- Set in the freezer until the nougat layer is solid (1-2 hours).
- Process the ingredients for the caramel layer until well combined.
- Spread the caramel mix atop the hardened nougat layer (wet and use your hands for this, as it is very thick.)
- Press the peanuts into the caramel, scattering them across the entire layer.
- Freeze again until set (about an hour).
- Cut into 12 equal bars and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are based on using oats and unsweetened almond milk. Weight Watchers points (new system): 5
Serving size: 1/12 of recipe Calories: 174 Fat: 13.6 g Saturated fat: 9.5 g Unsaturated fat: 4.1 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 13.2 g Sugar: 7.6 g Sodium: 59 mg Fiber: 1.8 g Protein: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 0 mg